First time here?

If you are here for the first time I recommend starting with the first post and working your way up. So you can understand the whole story.

The date of my kidney transplant was Sept 14, 2010 .


Friday, July 2, 2010

An unforeseen delay

Today I went to the hospital for what I thought was going to be the last hoop to go through before the surgery on Tuesday. However, it looks like there will be some more hoops added. The last procedure to give me clearance for surgery was a colonoscopy, which we all thought was just going to be routine and have no problems.

But when I went in today the doctor found some inflammation during the procedure which he didn't know what the cause was. He took some biopsies of the site and had me get a CT scan to find out what the cause might be. Since I don't have any pain or any other symptoms it is going to take a couple of days for the labs to figure it out.

The bummer part is that means that I will not be able to have the transplant surgery on Tuesday. That is a HUGE bummer. For the majority of this process I have intentionally tried to not get too excited and get my hopes up because I didn't want to experience any possible let down. But when I was only 4 days away from the surgery, I couldn't help myself. I was ready for the surgery and excited for the life change it would bring. I hope that this is only a temporary set back.

When the doctor told me that we would have to wait, I immediately began to pray and ask God why this happen, especially so close to the surgery. Again I asked God for answers.

The only glimmer of answer that I got was a nurse who pushed me in a wheel chair to the CT scan room. Her name was Faith. So that is what I will continue to do....have faith.

3 comments:

  1. We're here for you and with you, Mike. This delay and whatever it means will only glorify our Creator all the more. I praise God for you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    It was great seeing you up here at Forest Home last week. Thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of your ministry at La Jolla Pres and for sharing your life with us as well. We will continue to pray for you in the upcoming weeks!

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there buddy, we're praying for you.

    Rydogg

    ReplyDelete