First time here?

If you are here for the first time I recommend starting with the first post and working your way up. So you can understand the whole story.

The date of my kidney transplant was Sept 14, 2010 .


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A week or so later

Well it has been about a week and a half since I found out that my kidney transplant was postponed.

My current situation is that I am on a four week treatment with some medication. It is not so bad, except for the pills that they have me taking are one of those horrible tasting pills that instantly start to dissolve when you put them in your mouth. I have learned to drink some milk and hold it in my mouth, then try to throw the pills to the back of my mouth and swallow them as fast as I can. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't I get the grossest bitter taste on the back of my tongue for 10 minutes or so. Have to keep working to prefect my technique.

The four week treatment will go for three more weeks and at the end of that time I will go in for testing and blood work to see how things are going. I feel pretty confident that it is just a matter of time before the transplant surgery happens, it is just a waiting game.

I am also very thankful that my medical team is so good. I am glad that the doctors found something before my immune system was reduced. A small infection or inflammation could become a big problem when there is nothing to fight it off. So that is a good thing.

Summer time is always my favorite time of year and a couple of events are happening this summer that I will look forward to. One of them is the church's Vacation Bible Fun Week (same as VBS but different name). It is exciting to see the 160 plus children take over our church for the week. I am also looking forward to the youth group's surf trip. This is probably my favorite trip.

Now don't get me wrong, I would have preferred to undergo "the knife" and have a new kidney. But since it is postponed anyways, it will be fun to go on these events.

No comments:

Post a Comment